From:
Minta Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 07:36:02 -0800
I've noticed a couple requests for the phone numbers to the ferret
shelters in Oregon (one by me, months ago), and I just wanted to point
out they are in the phone book.  I don't know where some of these
requests were coming from, but the Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas
county phone books have them both listed under animal shelters in the
yellow pages.  A good, general place for them to be.  Especially when you
cannot remember the name of them, a problem I have had on occasion...

And, I ask about the excessive peeing, Linus my almost 8 year old
medicated guy has been doing this lately, when I let him out of the cage
we go into the bathroom and he goes there, usually pees.  So then I let
him out into the house, thinking he is "safe" (carpeted house) and he
pees again, 5 to 10 minutes later.  Both of them though look like
decent-sized pee puddles in and of themselves.  Now he did just have
surgery, a little under 2 months ago, so if there was something wrong
with his bladder (I mean, a possible enlarged bladder), I would think the
vet would have seen that?  He is not straining at all.  He just goes,
twice, it seems?  He is on immuran, octagol, and just got put on the
generic drug (I think) for proglycem.  I noticed his excessive peeing
since adding the generic proglycem, but I never read that as a
side-effect...

Minta, Linus & Ralphie