From:
Renee Rider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 19:36:44 -0700
I had two older ferrets (5-5.5 yrs old), Sneezy and Abu.  Four months ago,
they contracted ECE.  Sneezy has been recovering.  She is still skinny, but
eating well, and liked getting out of her cage.  Unfortunately, Abu never
recovered and died last week.

Today, while I was at the pet store, I saw an ad for a "FREE FERRET, 3
years old - don't have time to play with her anymore, she is lonely."  The
name (Abie) was only 2 letters different from the one I had that died.
Sneezy appears lonely.  She doesn't like comming out of her cage anymore
and sleeps more.

My question is, how long can the ECE virus live?  While getting another
ferret might cheer Sneezy up, will it expose Abie to something deadly?  I
can't take having getting one and having it die.  It isn't fair to me,
Sneezy or Abie!

So, when can I get another ferret?