From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 19:37:20 -0500
Ewok here--
Just thought I would take a minute or two and let you know what's up here
with all us fur kids..

We got six more kids in last week -- one was a second timer-- McKenzie he
has a chronic gastric ulcer-- gets tummy troubles a lot-- and he brought us
5 more ferrets.  McKenzie has gone to stay at Morningside half way house and
is getting along fine with 5 of the ferrets there-- he is also quite a ham
and thinks he needs to be held, so I am glad he found another place-- cause
I can't be losing my people time!

The others we got in are 6 yr.  old Arafat - he has a cataract in one eye
and his friends Digger - 5 yrs.  , Babi a 4 yr.  old gal who get her adrenal
fixed next week-- ( what ever that is) and Bandi age 4 with something call
lymphoma - but she is dark brown and is a sweet girl-- for a girl that is..
then there is BandiTu- 4-5 yr.  -- boy o boy!!!  this girl is having a very
bad hair day-- she lost most of her coat-- I guess Mom said she can get it
back after she sees the vet though!

The old Junie girl who keeps company with Storm (they are both good ol gals)
they have a quiet room to themselves - cause they scream at everyone else..
just went to the vets today for a big spleen fix up-- the vet took it all
away and found a left adrenal too.  That vet she keeps all the extra stuff--
glad I don't see her anytime soon!

My Buddy Bear is doing just fine after his spleen surgery-- he has gained
back his weight he lost and is his fancy old self, even dances-- we thought
he was too old to dance-- seems he was just not feeling well!

Brodie- is a kind of new kid-- he is 5 yr.  old and doesn't seem to know
that he's a ferret.  He has been really sad since he came here-- just
doesn't realize that it's ok to be here-- his Mom is waiting at Rainbow
Bridge-- this kid almost seems to want to go with her now-- Mom keeps
telling him it isn't time yet.  Well, every time a ferret looks at him he
screams and then refuses to eat for days.  Boy this kid is making lots of
extra work for Mom and Dad-- I sure hope he can adjust-- I am not getting
nearly enough people time now!

Several other of my old cage mates have gotten into this balding thing-- I
guess it is an old ferrets thing-- but Mom is keeping a real close eye on
them.  I still have all my gorgeous hair.  We are having some company at the
shelter this weekend-- I am so anxious-- seems someone from the ferret
retirement center want to meet a couple of the guys-- That means-- if they
move there is more food for ME!!!!

Well, that's all-- I gotta go and help Mom give some soup stuff to June--
maybe she will let me have the rest when they are done.

Visit me on the webpage...http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/ewok.html