From:
Wendy Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 15:54:42 -0600
I wouldn't use the midwest ferret cage.  Ferrets need square footage, not
headroom.  I bought a midwest cat cage and built my own floors and ramps.
Floors are 1/2 inch plywood with vinyl flooring glued on for easy cleaning.
They cover the whole level except for ramp access.  The farthest any ferret
can fall is 4 inches off the top of the nestbox.  The levels are held up by
hooks screwed into the sides of the plywood.  Ramps are made grippable by
cutting shallow grooves across them every half inch.  A motivated ferret can
run from the hammock on the top (4th) level to the door on the bottom in
about 2 seconds.  I can send details to any interested.  The design has
worked well for a year now.

Wendy and the clan

Wendy Hudson  [log in to unmask]    Twin Cities, Ninnesota, USA
the clan: Lloyd (husband)
          Brenna--Candlewood's Bright Raven (black labrador)
          Maggie (english springer spaniel)
          Marcus (tuxedo cat) and Fletcher (conure)
          Beowulf and Velvet (ferrets)