From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 17:38:17 -0700
I just want to say thank you to everyone who contacted me about Pukka's
situation.  Everyone has been really supportive and I feel much better--
it's comforting to know there are other people who've been through similar
situations and are still good ferret parents.  I'm going to try to get her
to the Educated Ferret shelter-- thanks, Donna!-- it's close to where I'll
be living so maybe I can keep track of where the little girl goes.

To clear one thing up that a few people asked me about: I got Pukka
(along with my Sebastian) from the local Humane Society, not from a
ferret shelter.  They deal mainly with dogs and cats, and I seemed to
know more about ferrets than they did (and I'm by no means an expert).
When I got Pukka, they told me she bit and no one really wanted to handle
her, so that's why I don't hold much hope for them helping with her
problems if I brought her back.  Again, thanks to everyone.  Now the
next step is seeing how they'll all handle the move...

Rachel, Lola, Sebastian, and Pukka

=====
"Go ahead, call the cops
You don't meet nice girls in coffee shops"
     -- Tom Waits