From:
Dianna Desrochers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:18:54 -0500
I don't post much here, but do read the list, but I had to speak up on
this.  I have used air purifiers in all my rooms, including the ferret's,
for years and seen no problem with them.  BUT... please, DON'T keep them
next to their cages, but across the room.  The air purifier is pulling
all the air and the dust, etc. towards it to pass through the machine ..
subsequently pulling all that stuff right towards your babies.

My parents had bought a small unit and had mounted it right above my
mother s head of the bed, she had emphysema and they wanted to keep the
dust down in her room.  I explained this same thing to them and they
didn't understand until I removed it from the wall and they could see
for themselves ... the wall was black from the dust that had been drawn
towards the machine, except for where the machine had been mounted.
They moved it across the room after that.

Dianna