From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 23:06:22 -0500
To vacinate or not to vacinate - that is the question.  (literally!) I am
not trying to make too light of a serious topic.  But I am very torn right
now on whether or not to vacinate my little ones.  Of my three ferrets only
one, my adopted girl is fully up to date on her shots.  At the beginning of
the summer I went to get the yearly shots for my one year old and the first
full set for my kit.  We got the rabies done, but my vet isn't recommending
the canine distemper for ferrets because of all the reactions.

At first I was nervous about not having them fully vacinated and was going
to have it done anyways.  Now that I hear of all the extreme reactions
I'm tempted to not have the canine distemper shot.  I'm wondering with my
ferrets lifestyle if it is necessary.  I do not take my ferrets to shows
or events.  I used to take them to my parent's house to play outside (there
is also a healthy dog there).  If I don't vacinate them are there other
precautions I should take?  Is it safer to vacinate?

I am completely willing to give my ferrets the proper care.
I just want to be sure that giving them vacinations is the best health
decisions for them before I continue to do it.

Any advice?