From:
Karen Rochette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:37:28 EDT
Hi,Karen owned by the Mass Wrecking Crew.

This is a question for thoswe FMLers who have had fussiesr for quite
awhile.  I'm Hoping you may be able to Help us with a Problem,Mom Joe if
you see this PLEASE RESPOND !  !

O.K. here's the Problem ,our 2.5 yr. old Adoptee,Lady Gretta has developed
some small sores on the outside of her ears from scratching them!  We've
cleaned the sores with a mild soap,and warm warter,and applied small
amounts of vasaline to help kep the tissue soft while they heal.  We will
of course contact our vet,but it wil be a couple of days Longer Before we
can get her into see him.  I was wondering if any of you knew of something
else we could do in the mean time.

It should be noted that once cleaned out the infection Appears to be in the
Earliest stages!

The Inner ears seem cleaned to us,and once the dried blood was washed
off,we could not see any other dirst!  We Regularly clean their ears about
everyother weak,or so.  However,I should also mention that Lady Gretta has
been rather lethargic,and has lost some weight!  Again not a whole lot,but
enough we noticed it.  Her stools were off color a little,but she is still
eating,and drinking.

She's Not as Playfull as she Normally is,she spends a lot of time curled up
in blankets,sleeping,and doesn't want to be bothered by any of the Other
Ferrets!

Mom noticed on Tuesday morning once she found the dried blood,and washed
out the sores,Lady Gretta played a little in their sand box.

Also,as soon as we noticed the off colored stools we gave her,and all of
the other 9 fuzzies a little slippery elm bark tea,and put her back on duck
soup.  Thia seemed to have Helped her until we noticed the sores on Tues.
morning.  She is eating 1 Full cube of duck soup,twice daily that we be
3-4 teapsoons per serving.  Mom also has been able to get her to eat 4-5
pieces of dry kibbles when she hand feeds her.

Pleaser send your Advice directly to us at [log in to unmask]

Thank You.
Karen,Mom Terry and the Mass Wrecking Crew.