From:
Amy Robbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:39:35 -0500
Hi all.  I have a 5 year old MF girl who over the last six months has had
was I suspect is Vaginitis.  The first bout was diagnosed and treated by
my Vet.

She has had both adrenal glands removed last year and went in for surgery
again over the summer as her Adrenal symptoms had reappeared.  The Dr.
couldn't locate the tumor so she has been on Lupron three month regimen
and has had her second shot last month.  When she returned from the vet
over the summer she was grinding her teeth terribly, some vomiting and
bloody stools.  She also had vaginal discharge and was very itchy and
sore in that area.

In the last two three weeks I've added another ferret to the crew, moved
to a new house, and was out of town for a few days.  Well my poor girl is
again grinding her teeth terribly (on Amoxi, Pepto Bismol, Chicken Baby
food, Pedialyte and Probiotics in between the Amoxi).  Her teethgrinding
is still pretty bad she's only on her third day of treatment, however her
girlie parts are sore and itchy again with some discharge.

My main questions here are: Can Vaginitis be brought on by stress?  Is it
more frequent in a ferret who has had both Adrenal Glands removed?  Could
Lupron be involved?  Are there any preventative measures I can take?  Are
there other health related concerns that I should be aware of?

Thanks

Amy Robbin
Manager, Human Resources
SeaChange International, Inc.