From:
nicholas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:24:44 -0700
Hello Everyone,
We had a ferret that got sick on this past Sunday. She was just at the
Vet on the Tuesday before, and she was examined and pronounced healthy,
except a little under nourished / weight loss. Sunday we saw that she
was sick, not moving well and could not pass her bowels completely. She
could not stand, and had very weak hind legs. She seemed to breathing
funny also, heavy and hard.

We feed her, and got some fluids into her and she started moving around
some. We thought that she would be fine until the next morning, but
unfortunately she passed away that the night.

It was so sudden, and so quick. At least with our other ferrets who
have taken sick or passed on for the bridge, there was a sickness
period. A period where you could see that they were sick and try to
treat it (medicines, surgery, etc.) and try to stop it. In this case
here, with Nefertiti, she was sick one day..... and gone the next.

It seemed like there was no warning or no signs. Has anyone ever
experienced this? Have you ever discovered that your Ferret has passed
away without you knowing that they were sick....Either you wake one
morning and find them gone or you find them in the cage passed on.

Either displaying signs of sickness or no signs of sickness, then all
of a sudden within 24 hours, they are gone.

It seems like a very strange way to loose a loved one. I know know
what could have happened, nothing that we can think of. Has anyone
else ever experienced this?

Sincerly,
Nicholas