From:
Marsha Stanek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:46:23 -0600
I believe that trying to convince all pet stores to stop selling
ferrets is a great idea. However - I think that the person trying
to stop Petco from selling ferrets has a conflict of interest. My
understanding is that she breeds ferrets in the shelter and sells
them. I hope I am wrong.

I have probably have had close to 40 ferrets since I discovered them.
With the exception of one that my son purchased, every single one has
been from a shelter - and most of them rather unadoptable - either
old or biters or suffering from adrenal disease or insulinoma when I
adopted them. So I completely agree that folks should adopt from
shelters - but shelter operators should not be breeding and selling -
in my humble opinion.

Marsha Stanek