From:
Mark A Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 06:07:11 +0100
Hi all....
This is Mark and Amy from Palau, Italy.  We have been FML lurkers for 3
years now.  We moved to Italy last year (SEPT) and brought our 2 fuzz
nuggets (Loki[M] and LaNague[F]) with us.  (I don't suggest flying US Air,
they required us to fly them air cargo for much of the trip.  TWA allows
them in the cabin.)  The trip stressed the wife and I much harder than either
of those two; They seemed take the whole thing with a yawn and a few sleepy
blinks.  Once here they learned quickly that Italian houses were much more
unforgiving that their old home in the US.  Here the houses are built with
brick, cement, marble and tile.  Not a soft landing if one decided to spaz
out on the bed or couch.  Well, about 8 months after we got here, LaNague
got sick.  She stopped eating and started coughing up water from her lungs.
The Italian vets tried very hard to help her with 4 different antibiotic
treatments, but to no avail.  She died in my arms, a mere shadow of her
former self.

I let Loki say good-by to her, he seemed to understand what had happened.
But now, 3 months after she died, he seems terribly lonley.  Does anyone
have any suggestions as to how we might find Loki a partner here in Italy
(or Europe for that matter)?

        Thank you
            Mark, Amy and the Lokster