From:
Yo land Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 15:28:22 -0400
I believe my 7 month old male ferret has hiccups, but I am not sure.  I
picked him up and noticed he was gasping for breath several times and
licking his lips at the same time.  It appeared to be coming from his
throat.  This has been going on all day now.  He sometimes starts coughing
afterwards.  But has not coughed lately.  While he is playing or running
around I can hear him panting.  Other than this he acts normally.  Is this
normal?  He has never done it before.  Does anyone know of a good vet in the
St.  Louis, Mo or Ill area?  Any helpful advice or experience with this same
situation will be greatly appreciated.

Yolanda