From:
carolyn johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:01:59 -0800
Hi all dis is Ms SaraFerret.  I just have to tell y'all about dis darling
tinsy little ferret that came wandering across de bridge de other day.
She was so small that I didnt know if she was a kit or a regular size
furry.  But dere she was and wow did she get a shock when she saw me, I
thought she was going to faint.  I reassured her that yes, she had
crossed de bridge and was going to live forever happy and pain-free.  She
asked me if I was a ferret or what.  Okay I am used to dat, after all how
many ferrets have a small pin-sized head and are dressed in safari
clothes like Sandee ferret made me dress in--I mean lets face it-a ferret
in dese clothes with the topee and halo on top (always bent) and strap-on
wings (always a bit dusty) would be rather a shock to anyone.  I assures
her that yes indeed I was a ferret girl.  She was kinda sad about leaving
her earth mommy and daddy Wes and Susie Lee, and didnt quite understand
about her new home.  So I wipes her tears and rounded up her business dat
had passed before her.  Oh wow, dere were hugs and kisses and dooks and
war dances like I have never seen.  Of course Ms Onyx Olinda Ferret was
much too shy to dance and I could barely hear her dooks as dey were real
whispery dooks, but she did dook and finally did a small shy war
dance--very lady like.  I got her halo from de stock pile and had to fix
it for her and finally had to get a kit's halo as the big ones were much
too big and got her a kit's strap-on wings and showed her how she could
just fly like a bird.  She was a bit hesitant at first, but den she took
off like de wind.  She and her business and all of us went to dere home,
and she immediately fixed herself a tiny hammock from a scrap of blue
cloud and grabbed a bigger white cloud to hang it from and of course she
just had to have a canopy over it.  So de boys of her group finally found
a nice piece of blue and with her supervising fixed her a canopy for her
hammie.  She says to tell her hoomans dat she does miss dem but wow this
place is so pretty and she can see her hoomans all de time.  She hugged
me and apologized for being unkind to me when she saw me.  I told her dat
it was ok as de Boss made me like dis and He was happy wit how I looked,
so I just accept it and go on.  She sure is friendly wit me and she asked
me if I would be her new friend.  I said of course--I can use all de
friends I can find.  She sends hugs and dooks to all de earth parents who
took care of her, but now she is so happy and loves her new home.

So until next time
Ms SaraFerret and her Mommy