From:
Brett Lapham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 10:20:26 -0600
Hello all,
Got a quick question for any campers on the list.  I will be taking Jasper
camping in the near future.  I am not worried about escapes, as we camp in
the back of my truck which has a topper.  Yes, I have checked for any exit
holes... What I am concerned about, is the daytime heat.  I have read posts
about keeping frozen water bottles in a cage, but is this enough?  Is there
any thing else I should/could do?

My next question is regarding trips.  I will be taking a couple of long road
trips soon (both around 10hrs.) I have a small travel carrier that I plan to
have Jasper ride in, so he won't interfere with driving.  Other than that, I
do not know much.  How often should I stop and let him out?  Should I rig
some sort of litter pan in the carrier, or hope that he goes during rest
stops?  What else do I need to know about traveling??

Any help would be really appreciated!

Brett