From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 10:45:04 -0500
Anon asked:
> This morning, I convinced Nancy to go in the cats' litterbox, and I was all
> proud of myself for doing so, when my boyfriend told me that cats are very
> nervous about this sort of thing, and that scat from other animals can
> cause them to stop using that litterbox, and go in undesireable places.

When our house got a new kitten, we had just the opposite problem.
The kitten quite willingly used the ferrets' litterbox, but the
ferrets refused to use it after she'd messed it up.  (It wasn't as
deep as the kitten liked, either, so she scattered litter and clawed
newspaper shreds everywhere.)  We gave the kitten her own box, in
another room, with lots of litter, and now they're all happy.

You'll probably have to see for yourself how Nancy and the cats
respond.  If they don't mind, great.

- Pam in Rochester, NY  ([log in to unmask])
Ferret FAQ - ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/ferret-faq/part[1-5]
             http://www.ceas.rochester.edu:8080/ee/users/rhode/index.html