From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 15:16:29 -0400
Condolences to those with sick or angeled car key relocators.

Bob Church said:
>I haven't found a single reference that states that lost ferrets will died
>in three days...[paraphrased]

In a recent trip to Pets.Com, I read an article in the "ferrets" section
that specifically stated that ferrets that escape outdoors would survive
only a few days.  The link to the article, as well as a fragment indicating
that statement are below.  You must copy the entire link into your browser
address window, from the http through the -13365 in order to get to this
article.

http://www.pets.com/cgi-bin/puppy/editorial/editorial.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=YES
&oid=20321&parOid=-13365

"The American black-footed ferret (Mustela nigripes) is a wild cousin of
the domestic ferret and an endangered species.  In fact, domestic ferrets
have few survival instincts.  If one were to escape outdoors, it would
survive only a few days because ferrets have poor eyesight, reduced hunting
instincts, and little fear."

Todd and the (You read *way* too much!) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
http://GiftsAndCollectibles.sites.cc
http://users.success.net/toddl/