Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2008 05:38:50 GMT
I just wanted to join others in expressing my gratitude to all those
who sent cards on Thanksgiving. They really mean a lot to me; I live
so far from anyone who doesn't think ferrets are downright creepy that
it's easy to start feeling all alone. Next time taht happens, I'll pull
out your cards.

Thanks, too, to those who sent advice and supplies for Butter. Butter
passed away early Thursday morning. After suffering through and
surviving two screaming seizures the day before, he seemed to have a
breakthrough. He was able to curl himself into a normal ferret ball
for the first time since the neural damage, and he seemed comfy and
relaxed. He slept on my chest and died in his sleep without any of the
rapid breathing or other signs of death I've come to dread. It was the
best death I've ever experienced, if those words can ever be used
together.

He was a gentle little guy, perhaps because as a young dude he came in
bonded with an elder lady, Yogi, who passed away long ago. So he never
had the rowdy kithood that other youngsters do. Butter always too shy
to actually engage in play with other ferrets, though he liked to hang
around on the edges of playgroups, dancing and dooking by himself while
he watched and pretended. He learned how to fit in when he learned to
care for the ailing. He was just a good little man who quietly held his
group together. They've splintered apart since he left.

--Clover
and the rezweezils