From:
ERIN SMITH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 16:03:34 -0400
Hi everyone,
First I'd like to thank those of you who e-mailed me in regard to Roscoe.  I
made the decision over the weekend to skip the biopsy and go ahead with
chemo if Roscoe didn't improve.  I had a really bad feeling about the
biopsy.  I called this morning (monday) to cancell the biopsy appointment
but somehow I was talked into it by my vet.  I called at 4 pm to check on
him and they said he was doing well and to pick him up at 6 pm.  At 5:30 I
got a call that Roscoe died.

I can't tell you how mad I am at myself for not listening to my inner
feeling and allowing myself to be talked into such a thing.  I also am mad
at my vet (ex-vet) for not taking my feelings seriously.  I've cried
already, when I found out about Roscoe's probable diagnosis.  Now I'm just
mad.  If any of you ferret owners have a bad feeling about something like
this listen to it.  Science only goes so far.  I only wish I knew this
before.

                    Erin.