From:
dave hoft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 19:44:57 -0500
hello all

my wife and i have 2 very active ferrets named jasmine and peppie.  They
are in great health and are very active little fur balls always messing
up their cage.

A year ago I made a cage for them about 6 feet long, 6 feet high, and about
2 feet wide, with 5 different levels to it.  I could house 15 to 20 ferrets
in this thing --however we're having a serious problem with their bathroom
and they are constantily turning over their bathrooms(i had 5 "pans" for
their bathrooms)with kitty litter in it.  The problem is also they keep
messing up their entire cage and not using the bathrooms and we constantily
have to take the cage outside- whick weights about 200 lbs- and hose it
out.What i am asking ANYBODY--does anyone know of any good designs for a
cage for ferrets or does anyone know where i could go to on the net for
designs ?

I am a carpenter-electrician-plumber -a general handy man of all trades so
i could build anything for the ferrets but i'm lost for ideas for their
cage .  please if anyone has any ideas or pictures of any good cages
please contact me at [log in to unmask]

thanks Dave and Belinda Hoft