From:
Lynne D Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 18:11:44 -0500
I read FML tales of ferrets escaping outside, and I shudder to think it
might be me outside looking for my loved one in drainage pipes and garbage
bags.  Actually, I have done that, only it turned out the loved one wasn't
outside but inside, in one of the places your ferret can't possibly be...but
is.  Both incidents involved Misha, my 6 y/o MF sable female, whose
intelligence surpasses that of anyone I know.  The first time I thought she
had escaped from the basement.  After searching outside for hours, I sat
down in the basement and cried, mourning my tiny baby fending for herself in
suburbia.  When I finally cried myself out, I heard a tiny scratching sound
in the corner of the basement...and my husband's golf bag.  GOLF BAG?  No
way can she be in the golf bag!  It's upright!  It's slick leather!  It's
full of clubs!  I turned it on its side and she shot out like a ball from a
cannon, electric fur and all.  The last time I "lost" Misha, we lived in an
upstairs condo.  After searching for hours, I believed she had crawled under
the counterspace and was between the walls or floors or worse, downstairs in
our neighbor's condo.  I was waiting for the shriek from downstairs when I
heard the tiny scratching sound again, this time from underneath our
stackable washer/dryer.  The space was so tight between the washer and the
floor, I could not get my smallest finger under there.  I had to get a
screwdriver and freed her by taking the front panel off the washer.  Lesson
learned: be very quiet and very creative when you're looking for "lost"
ferrets.

Ferretz Rule,
Lynne and the 8 fuzzies who have dusted where no one has ever dusted before.