From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 19:42:40 -0400
This evening I picked up BART! for a quick cuddle and kiss. After
putting him down, I realized I was WEARING half of him. Yes, it is time
to "BLOW THAT COAT". Even though we had snow flurries in Georgia today,
the boys know it's Spring. Just a reminder to lube your babies with a
little extra high-test oil. We do the "Lube & Plunge" routine. "Lube"
consists of Vaseline mixed with Ferrevite (approx. 1/2 tsp each)
followed 1 hr. later by "Plunge" (homemade meat gravy or pureed rabbit
meat with added Vetasyl fiber or canned pumpkin). I feel this
lubricates the GI tract and then bulk pushes through clogs of hair or
other potential blockages. I have used this method to ensure BART! (the
eater of all things bad and rubber) passes the consumed objects. It has
worked very well so far (fingers crossed). Anyway, it is just my own
method, no scientific documentation available, but it is similar to
treatments used in humans.

Remember, love your ferret, lube your ferret and keep a lint brush
handy!

Lesley