From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:00:50 EST
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: chicken nicks
>
>Hi people i'm a ferret lover to and i've got a prblem i feed my ferrets
>chicken nick and some times the a little bit of the bone gets stuck in
>the mouths(not in there Throats) and i have to get i out.  When it is
>stuck in there mouths they make a coughing sound.  How can i stop this
>from happening.

I'm going to jump in here and be different.  I'm assuming you're giving
uncooked chicken necks.  Go ahead, give your ferrets chicken necks, and
if they have problems with the bones, boil them a bit first.  Boiling
makes the bones softer and easier to chew.  These are carnivores, and
they evolved to eat raw food and bones.  Try other meat treats as well.
They'll thank you for it.

Sandy and 4 chicken eating fuzzbutts