From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:54:55 -0400
>Does anyone know of a Ferret Safe Coachroach and bug killer??  I've
>tried everything (not in their area), like Boric Acid Powder, the
>Dimetic (SP?) earth, regular Raid spay, even orange and lime extract
>spay.

I assume you are trying to get rid of cockroaches?  Boric acid powder
will work, give it time.  It has to be a very fine powder (not crystals,
they're too large); fine enough so that it sticks to their bodies.  Put
it in cracks and crevices and across doorsills - any place they will walk
through it.  They will carry it back to their nest and eventually die.
But they have to come in contact with it first, so it takes time.  I got
rid of the roaches in three New York City apartments with boric acid.
It's also the safest thing you can use, for you and the ferrets.  Minimal
contact won't hurt anyone, but do minimize contact as much as possible.
Diatomaceous earth is also safe, but I doubt it would have any effect
on roaches.  It's good for repelling snails and slugs outdoors.  Any
poisons, like raid or bug bombs, are worse than the bugs, IMHO, so avoid
them!

Good luck,
Nancy