From:
Angus Otterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 05:12:59 +0000
>From:    colburns <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: OT Dog Question...Please Advise!
>
>Dear Ferret and Dog Folks-
>
>I have been having the same problem with my dog, the Noble Allis
>Chompers for years, but I have finally gotten sick and tired of
>being sick and tired and have decided to beg for help with it.

Hope for the dog:

I understand completely -- but don't give up hope. I adopted 65# Dibley
from the shelter last summer, didn't realize he was sick when we got
him. Once he was well we found out what a strong energetic fella he
was - I ended up flat out on my face during out first walk when we saw
a bunny. He was impossible to walk, but more important, I feared for
my fuzzies, Angus and Donre. Forget the pincher collar - I have two
suggestions: First, try a Gentle Leader, and make sure you have it fit
properly. It really will make a difference. Second, find a good dog
trainer and go through 8 to 12 weeks of training. My darling Dibley
still *wants* to take off after cats and bunnies, but he's learned
control (and so have I). Among all the useful commands I learned in
training was "gentle" -- essential around the ferrets.