From:
Debbie Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 06:56:27 -0500
What blessings we receive from this wondrous event! As a small shelter,
we deeply appreciate any & all donations of goods, food, toys, bedding,
credits to our Veterinarian clinic account, & gift certificates. Even
something as simple & thoughtful as a greeting card for no special
reason other than to say "Thank you" or "Keep up the good work" or
"Have a nice day" touches my heart & soul so deeply, words can not
convey my gratitude.

Daily we homespun ferret shelters go thru such a myriad of emotions
dealing with life & death that these little "atta-boy" virtual pats
on the back go such a long way. Especially on those days we feel
overwhelmed and alone, then we open that little piece of folded paper
that inside has just a few words of encouragement that give our hearts
wings and occasionally puffs us up with pride for a job well done.
Somebody notices!

I am finally getting to the point where I can sit down and properly
say "Thank YOU!" to the Giving Tree organizers & Secret Santas. As I'm
going thru the remains of the boxes (the kids REALLY like boxes & the
packaging!) I'm finding I had a "blonde" moment when writing up the
profiles for the tree and instead of having each "Att:" state the
appropriate ferrets name, they all said "Att: Butters". ~oops~ So I
don't know which ferret was to receive which package. If you blessed
us with a package, please contact me directly and let me know who you
picked and include a snail mail addy so "your" ferret can send you a
personal thanks.

Thank you all, all the Secret Santas & Santa's Helpers that opened
their hearts to the shelter ferrets across this great nation!

Debbie