From:
April Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:29:24 -0500
Hi.  Well, the PetCo in Auburn, MA isn't ALL bad.  The people that they
get to work with the small animals generally do a pretty good job and
care about the animals.  One of the girls working there recently took in
two ferrets whose owners wanted nothing to do with them-she had a hard
time getting any information from the owners as to vaccines, vet care,
etc, though she does think they're up to date on shots.  She cannot
provide a permanent home for these guys, but didn't want them to be
homeless.  They should probably stay together if possible.  She is also
concerned that they find a home where someone knows how to train the
female not to be so bitey and aggressive.  She has been trying to work
with her, but feels she is not the best person to train her and is
concerned about training her correctly.  They are both Marshall Farms
babies:

Female: Black, about 4 months old.  Very aggressive and tries to bite,
but likes to play.  Just likes to play too rough!  She will also let you
hold her, but the girl says she can be unpredictable about the biting.
The girl has been continuing to handle her, though, in an effort to keep
her social.

Male: Grey body, white head and tail tip.  He bites less (sounds like he
doesn't bite at all other than gently in play) and is very playful.  He
is about a year and a half old.

Neither are litter-trained (yay), but she would really like to find them
a ferret-friendly home with someone who is willing to train the little
girl not to bite.  I have not seen either one.

There is also a neutered male DEW ferret, abut 4 years old, who needs
a home at the Worcester Rescue League in MA.  He is a nice boy who
got dumped there by the family "moving and couldn't take him" (or,
apparently, do anything to find him a home on their own, or leave him
with any toys or anything, including medical history).  He has a little
half tail for some reason.  He is a big Marshall Famrs guy.

I can get him PEd and vaccinated if you can give him a home, same with
the other two ferrets needing a home!  I can even have them ADV tested.
Some financial help in those regards would be good, but I can at least
get it done.

If you can help, please let me know.  I can help arrange transport
outside of MA, too.

-April AC in Auburn, MA

"There's nary an animal alive that can outrun a greased Scotsman."
-Groundskeeper Willy, "The Simpsons"