From:
"C. MOSCH" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 21:12:53 -0700
Any suggestions/advice for care-taking for a 6 1/2 yr. old ferret who is
still suffering with repercussions from ECE (all 5 of our girls got it last
July), immensely swollen abdomen- probably a tumor in her remaining adrenal
or in her pancreas, and now, congestive heart failure, would be IMMENSELY
APPRECIATED!  Three weeks ago we went through yet another round of the
greenies, and resummed all of our standard greenies protocol - pedialyte,
albon, kaopecte, and duck soup - and while her four fuzzy buddies are now
all doing better, Halley still has loose stools & is now experiencing
congestion & a change from good steady heatbeat to an irregular one.  She
still has a great appetite, makes her rounds checking things out and cleans
the ears of all of her ferr-sisters but she is rapidly getting weaker.  I'm
giving her lasix injections & have put a humidifier in our room where she
sleeps.  What else can I do to minimize her discomfort?

thanks, Cyndi