From:
"sue L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:25:42 EST
hi everyone--we are planning on going to the st louis ferret congress and
since i am new to ferrets and want to show blazer--my beautiful blaze
ferret--i need to know what immunizations and test he needs to have done
to be able to go and show.

also--what will we have to do in his class??

im used to showing and breeding horses and these ferrets seem so much
smaller-lol!!

im also trying to figure out the genetics as to how some of these ferret
colors happen-- seems most patterns are based on the sables.  can
breeders breed for certain colors??  are certain colors or patterns
preferred in certain areas of the country??

i enjoy the forum very much and have learned a lot and know i have so
much more to learn.  thanks to all who are helping in this process by
posting.

sue,dave,buford,bandita,pee of wee,sweet pea,and of course--blaze

[Moderator's note: The International Ferret Congress Symposium, in St.
Louis this year, isn't the type of event where ferrets are shown.  It's
primarily an educational and social event rather than a ferret judging
contest.  I'm sure the everyone would love to see you there but really,
if at all possible the ferrets would be better off at home :-(  BIG]