From:
Lisa Mesplay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 22:00:44 -0800
All,

I just thought I'd let you know that for once, a lost ferret story had a
happy ending.  I posted yesterday about a found ferret in Bellevue, Wash.
My co-worker went home early to prepare for the arrival of the Washington
State Ferret Association folks (to help her secure the little animal).  She
found the lost ferret had curled up in a bag of towels she left outside
(she's part of a Domestic Pig Rescue service and was collecting towels for
a severely abused and injured pig), and on the way home she spotted some
people putting up "lost ferret" signs (she was going to put up "found
ferret" signs).  Of course she took the towel-snuggling ferret to the
searchers who were able to identify their lost pet, and the family was
happily reunited.  As you know, this doesn't happen nearly often enough.
Kudos to my co-worker, and thanks to the WSFA folks who were poised to
swing into action and help secure the little lost animal.

There but for the grace of God go any one of us, and I am grateful for the
happy ending.

For those few of you who know us personally, our 5-year-old guy, Raphael,
has had several surgeries for mast cell tumors recently.  They've all been
benign and completely excised, but he looks like Frankenweasel with big
shaved patches and stitches all over the place.  We're grateful for Bug's
continued good health.  Does anybody else crack up when your vet advises
you to "keep the animal quiet for a few days"?

-- Lisa