From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 1995 20:58:28 -0500
First off - the large ball with one hole is NOT made by the same people who
make the ball with six holes.

The first ball is really large and, yes Rudy, there are at least three
documented deaths via this ball.  Kits and older ferrets without the
strength to push to ball off the hole if/when it lays to rest on the opening
will overheat and suffucate.  the easiest method to remedy the hazard is to
drill holes in the opposite end so air will alway flow through.  I have one
of these balls and have had no problems, but i did talke the drill to it.

the ball with six openings is made by Super Pets and was designed before the
creation of Ferret Funnels, but now is part of the tunnel proccess.  some
older balls are one piece, while the newer model comes in two pieces and
fits together (if memory serves me).

My ferrets still like the pretzel barrel best, and it is clear so I can see
the action.

Pam