Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 11:04:26 -0500
I brought Gizzy to the vet.  b/c his lymph nodes (under his arms) were
swollen and it is suspected that he has lymphosarcoma.  The only way that it
was really detectable was through an x-ray that showed an enlarged lymph
node in his chest and of course his lymph nodes under his arms and on his
neck were swollen.  From what I understood, the blood work did not indicate
lymphosarcoma.  I am going to be speaking with the vet.  today about the
blood work etc.., so will know a bit more later.  He did mention, however,
that they may need to take a sample from his lymph nodes to make sure that
he does have lymphosarcoma if the blood work didn't show it.  If the x-ray
showed an enlarged lymph node in his chest and there are swollen lymph nodes
on his body what else could he have?  Why bother stressing him out any
further by taking a sample from his lymph nodes when everything but the
blood work indicates lymphosarcoma?  I will chatt with the vet about this
today, however, I need help from you guys in understanding lymphosarcoma and
what to expect, possible treatments for lymphosarcoma, and anything else
that will help us get through this.  Gizmo is still a playful little guy and
is eating fine etc..  I just hope that I can figure out the right things to
do for him so that he is still comfortable and happy.  The vet put him on
Pred (.3cc) every 24 hours for 30 days and .3cc every 48 hours for 60 days.
I will post the results from the blood work tomorrow.

Thanks,
Melanie and the gang (Gizzy, Normie, and Moser)