From:
Leanne O'Neil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:43:40 -0500
Hi All:

Happy New Year to all humans and fuzzies!  Thank you so much to those
generous Santas who showered the fuzzies at Gimmee Shelter in Mass with
Christmas gifts.  Jan (shelter Mom) has been so busy that she hasn't
gotten to individual thank you notes yet, so I just wanted to say that
we were touched by the response to the Giving Tree.

Just when things had calmed down a little bit, we had a surrender of
a group of 6 very young fuzzies.  We also have a pair of beautiful
Siamese-colored fuzzbutts, called Godiva and Chocolate.  They were taken
from a neglect situation, went to someone else who surrendered them to
a shelter, and then they came to us.  They are probably about 1.5 - 2
years old, male and female.  We would like to find a home for them with
experienced ferret owners as they bite at times, especially when they are
interrupted during play or you try to take them away from something they
want.  The male is a big boy, and both are gorgeous and very playful.
With some love, patience, and "no-bite" training, they should be ok.

The website for the shelter is www.gimmeeshelter.org.  We're a bit behind
on updating the fuzzies for adoption, but you can e-mail for more info,
or call Janice directly at 508-295-3716.  Thanks all!

Leanne
Shelter Volunteer