From:
Judy Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 20:28:04 -0400
Hi FMLers:

I am a relatively new ferret owner and FML subscriber, and have been reading
everything I can get my hands on about ferrets.  Naturally, I am concerned
about the rabies policies in general, and in my area in particular.

I asked my vet whether Alabama recognizes the rabies shot, or insists on
killing and testing a ferret that has bitten someone.  He did not know.  I
called the local Animal Control and was referred to the county Humane
Society.  The Humane Society did not know and referred me back to Animal
Control.

If anyone has any information on the policies or laws in Alabama or
suggestions on how I might find out, please e-mail me at
[log in to unmask]  Also, I saw something on the FML recently asking for
volunteers to work towards changing some of these policies, but can't find
the address given.  If someone could e-mail that as well, I would really
appreciate it.

Thanks!
Judy