From:
Sara Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:01:05 -0700
About your ferrets:

1) How long have you had ferrets?
Since 1998

2) What got you interested in ferrets?
Actually, the boyfriend at the time suggested that we get a pet together.
He suggested a ferret and I still remember wrinkling my nose at him.  For
months I put it off until one day he kidnapped me and drug me to a ferret
breeder's house.  It was love at first sight.  I fell in love with Leizel
and wanted to take her that day.  But, it was him who pulled the brakes.
He kept dragging his feet and I was worried that someone else would
snatch her up.  Then, I attended a conference in Alaska and he picked me
up at the airport.  I was still angry with him and when I opened the car
door, there she was sitting on my seat!  It was sort of a crash course
in ferret ownership and definitely not something that I would recommend
to people now, but I'm glad the situation happened.

3) Do your ferrets get Easter baskets or have a Christmas stocking?
Not a traditional Easter basket or Christmas stocking, but they sure get
presents.  They also get birthday presents and "no reason at all"
presents throughout the year.

About you -

1) Do you consider yourself an enthusiast, owner or slave?
How about all 3? :)

2) How many hours a week do you spend tending to your babies?
Goodness, I come right home from work and let everyone out for playtime.
They are out until I go to bed that night.  I honestly can't imagine
spending less time with them.

3) Do you have any tattoos, piercings, etc?
Just earrings.  A tattoo someday.

About the FML-

1) Why did you join the FML?
For socializing with other ferret owners and education about various
ferrety issues.

2) What is your favorite thing about this group?
Knowing that I have a support network with other people who love ferrets
as much as I do.

3) Least favorite thing?
About the network?  All of the bickering and fighting and judging other's
situations when you haven't been in their situation.  We all have a
common interest and I like to stick to those topics.

Sara Hamilton
Leizel's Weasels
www.leizelsweasels.com
Sponsorship, Advertising & Special Presentation Coordinator
Inland North West Ferret Association Show-Sept. 30th, 2006