From:
"Brian K. Dore'" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1992 11:29:46 -0400
B.G. & Tataille send their best to Percy, Bandit, Slink and everybody
involved in helping them get better.  BG?  Oh yeah; for those of you
who didn't get to see rec.pets last month, I have become a multi-ferret
household.

B.G. (Big Guy) was given to me by a friend of a friend (and so on)  who
could no longer care for him.  I didn't see the place firsthand, but
I was told he was being kept outside in a rabbit cage.  When I picked him
up, he was badly flea-bitten, filthy and smelly like you wouldn't
believe.  He was (yes WAS) a whole male and while he isn't any longer than
my 6 month old male who was fixed young, he must weigh twice as much.
(Thus his name)  After giving him a week to adjust to his new home and
roomates, it was off to the vet to get a checkup and become an 'it'.
Everything went just great, and we are scheduled to pop in to get the
stitches out this week.

My biggest concern was his teeth.  All four of his big front 'fangs'
are broken.  My vet suspects that they were broken while he tried
to get out of a cage and says that they don't seem to be causing him
any discomfort or interfering with his eating so it's probably best
to just leave them alone.

B.G. is terribly affectionate, much more than Tataille (who dosen't care
to be held at all).  He also seems to eat and drink 4 times what Tataille
does!  His strong smell has curbed sharply since he was fixed, even
though the vet said it might take a while.  He and Tataille seem to
be getting along quite well, although they are still far from inseperable.
Now if only BG would be a little more consistent with the litterbox...

Brian

Brian K. Dore'                 Internet  :   [log in to unmask]
Systems Analyst                U.S. Mail :   PO Box 42770
Computing Center                      Lafayette, LA 70504
University of Southwestern LA  Telephone : (318) 231-6868