From:
Kevin Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 00:18:57 -0500
Dear Fellow Ferret Lovers,
Just wanted to take time out to say hello from myself, Rufus, and Lucy to
all the ferrets and owners out there in the FML.  I also wanted to address
the subject of ferret behavior as a lesson to us all.

As a member alluded to in the last list, ferrets are tenacious in their way
of going after something that they want ( ie " digging for gold" and
dragging objects away that are way too heavy for them to actually be
dragging.) I think that this is why I have such a respect for my ferrets,
they just don't give up!  Many times I find myself watching my little
fuzzies in amazement as they continuously search for an alternate way to get
up to the top of the garbage can.  However, they are not stupid, if there is
no way to do it in the present moment they forget about it for now and move
on to something else.  They wait for another opportunity to present itself
to get to the top of that can.  What a wonderful lesson we can all get from
our pets by watching this behavior.  Ferrets don't worry about the things
they can not do right now, but they also do not give up until their options
are depleted.  Ferrets don't worry about the future, they don't fret about
past events, and they NEVER GIVE UP!!!  Please think about what a great
lesson you can learn from these wonderful animals as you watch your little
critter do his/her thing.  REMEMBER: LESSONS ARE ALWAYS BEING GIVEN, IT IS
UP TO US TO PAY ATTENTION.

Happy Days
Rufus ( Where's the Cheerios?)
Lucy ( Where's Rufus-- asleep again!?)