From:
Deba Brezden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 21:25:24 -0700
Hello Fertfolks of FML ;O)

We hopes ya all had a really dooky day!  Jus a pinion ta share. . .

>Subject: Inferior Ferrets vs Superior Ferrets}

Firstly it would MOHO, The actual fact of the matter is simple enough to
figure, the truth is there is no such thing as an 'inferior' ferret at all,
I think that to each and every truly loving fert parent, their own babes
would and are considered to be superior in every regard to them period!
Certainly, I can vouch for myself in this, my darling Ferris in some eyes
would definetly be 'inferior' according to some definitions, BUT TO ME, I
can assure you, he's absolutely perfect and without a fault or blemish!
Thank God that He brought Ferris into my life, where he's fully appreciated,
rather than someother where he obviously never could have been.

Apart from my own adamant love an defense of a darling boy here in this, I'm
really quite at a loss to grasp exactly what the point in all this is
anyway?  Is there one?  And if so, is there really any benefit whatever
intended by it or derived from it for ferretkind or fertfolks?  I simply can
not percieve any myself and find the issue trivial and purposeless.  In that
this is an open forum, I believe that all have every right to an unique
opinion regarding any matter, I find no fault in voicing views as we all do
on this forum, but I do also believe it should be an accepted expectation in
doing so that there's surely going to be those which will disagree, or hold
some other opinion than our own, and that they too are entitled to the same
right of expression!

Well I myself, am all for, both productive discussion of a subject and I
dare say can even support a good debate of an issue as well, and believe the
process in both of these two, usually consists of a seperate or even
contratictory, yet 'equal' position posed apologetically to 'attempt' to
convince others of the reason for the position held.  Niether of the two,
however offer any assurance whatever to the positer of succeeding at it.
Both discussion and debate require the necessary human skills/traits of
tolerance and acceptance to be held by the opposing parties, if they are
lacking, then what transpires is niether, discussion nor debate, but is
rather simply an 'argument' and so produces no positive effect at all.  I
myself decided to take part in this forum because I happen to enjoy both
hearing and sharing in discussions concerning ferret wellbeing, and find
such discussions to be informative, entertaining, and heartwarming, and have
apart from some obviously petty issues, found thus far, that FML is an
excellant source and venue for this enjoyable activity.  But I do not
however find it at all enjoyable, to read derogatory remarks nor others
opinionated retorick, nor to be subjected to purely pointless arguments.  I
can only but hope and pray, that all will utilize this wonderful list for
the purpose I believe it's intended to serve, in helping ferrets and
fertfolks, so much good comes from this list, and I think it's a shame a
person could be led to feel or think anything negative as regards this list
or the fert community in general because of a few offensive posts.

And, apart from all that . . .

Ferris and I wanted to share an URL with ya today, that we just happened to
hit upon whilst workin.  We sawn ya all were talkin lately 'bout dem
'microchips', so we jus gots da URL fer ya.  We'ren't going to elaborate
'cept ta say, isn't much research done yet as to 'pathogenics', so's we
decided ta hold off yet a while.  Sides ya know we lives in itty bitty
Golden, BC Canada, an we knows the gal managing SPCA 'service' in town,
her's Cindy, and so happens she's also da vet's assistant too eh!  Da vet
may have a scanner, if so she'd sure know 'bout it, but the overall town
population of ferts is purrty low in comparison ta big places.Though, if ya
see the cup half full always, I'd say that fer the size of Golden we do okay
and have at least a few fert neighbors around;O)  Anyway, suppose da article
isn't too complimentary, but is none the less well documented and
interesting, so we hope ya find it benefits your interest in chips.

AT The American Humane Society Site http://www.amerhumane.org/chip.html

Well we pray God's Grace and Blessings For You All As Always

Fightin Furiously Fer Ferrets Freedoms

Ferris (Get down? Whatta ya mean get down? Hithhhh nerva som folks!)

and my mom
Ms. Deba Brezden
Director, Canada Chapter IFRIC
mailto:[log in to unmask]