From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 14:11:46 -0400
>From:    Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Sales vs. Adoption
>As a businessman, I can't even ask a customer to leave my store without
>taking a chance that I will be held liable.  (However...If I ran a fert
>rescue, I would probably risk hell and discriminate too!  <GRIN>)

Almost missed you Joe,
Well, as a businessman you should know that you CAN ask someone to leave IF
this request is not based on age, race, color, creed, religion, and in some
states, sexual preference.  If your RULES are applied uniformly, and without
prejudice, AND in good faith, you are welcome to them.  Of course there is
NO guarantee against suit no matter what.  I am sure you know this also.

Joe, fascinating stuff, although I honestly don't know what this REALLY has
to do with the unworkable "concept" of rescue shelters competing with
Marshall.  If you don't nit pick, it's sorta like saying free cheese
programs compete with supermarkets.  One of the true keys to successful
business from my perspective is recognizing WHO your REAL competition is and
WHO it is NOT.  Not only are shelters NOT competition for Marshall, they
have been helping Marshall by picking up a great deal of slack in selling
practices Marshall has apparently overlooked.  I believe Marshall owes them
a debt of gratitude and perhaps a little more.  As always, it's great
hearing from you.

FOR KODO AND ALL THE FERRETS WITH NO NAMES
best wishes,
until next time,
alphachi