From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 15:18:48 -0400
Diane wrote:
>Question: What is the difference between a ferret and Mayor Guilliani?
>Answer:   Ferrets have a brain and are domesticated.

They also bite a lot less than he does.

Both, however, do lay down a lot of $h!t.  (Okay in one case it stains his
shirt -- historically, at least.)

C&K wrote:
>We are very excited that Dr. Stephon is flying in to speak on ADV and
>Dr. Wagner will speak on adrenal disease at the show.

Great!

>We realize that we are doing something new here and that it may not be
>popular with everyone but this policy is the right and responsible thing
>to do.  We will of course refund anyone's entry fees that would come up
>with a positive test result.

Marvelous!

>We are offering and encouraging testing the entire day for walk-ins,
>shelters and breeders.

I am curious how this will be handled to reduce possible exposures.  How?
I think that discussion of such design considerations and new ideas will
in the long term lead to improvements for all anywhere, so the pluses have
to be considered, and the minuses do, too, so that ideas for improvements
can flow.