From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 1996 07:12:47 EDT
Dayna,

I really liked your idea about the ferret proofing manual, particularly as a
fundraiser for Kelleen!  I'd be happy to help out with scanning (we have a
very nice scanner ...), duplicating, etc.

Here are a couple of my ferret proofing tips:

1.  I wrapped deer netting around my potted plants to keep the ferrets from
digging it.  If you plant your window box or planter with seeds, and then
wrap deer netting tightly around it, the plants can grow up through the deer
netting without harm, and the ferrets still won't be able to dig up the
soil.

2.  I put red hot habanera pepper in corners where I didn't want the boys to
venture.  It makes their noses and eyes burn for a couple of seconds when
they sniff it, so they stay away from it in the future.  I've read on the
FML that mothballs (in a baby jar or similar container) will also keep
fuzzies away.

Good luck; please let me know if I can help!

- Ela