From:
"Ann D. Phillips" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 09:30:16 -0500
I mentioned a couple of days ago, that the 10 furry bundles of joy were
temporaily housed in my son's bathroom while their room got new paint and
a new floor.  All that had been the original plan, but became even more
urgent to do, to sell this behemoth, and get another behemoth with more
room for my furry little Masters and Mistresses!  Yes, I am a ferret slave.

Well while in the bathroom they learned they could access the counter
around the sink.  Since they are free roaming, in 3 shifts at the moment 24
hours a day, they caused all kinds of bathroom havoc.  I'd been prepared
for enough of it that they didn't hurt themselves or anything else, but
they still learned to turn the water on.  Yesterday morning I came into the
bathroom to find all the towels but one in the sink and the water on.

Last night their room got entirely aired out from the chemicals used to
glue the new lino down and from the paint drying.  I also rearranged the
ferret proofed futon and TV stand (this was once a kid TV room) so they
had more sheer romping space.  Finally, I cycled the toys and introduced
the nice cardboard tube the lino came on.

They seem to like it!  They all danced like maniacs, climbed the cages,
shot through all the tubes, carried around the new toys and collasped in
the box of shredded paper!

If I can make ferrets happy, who cares about anything else!

Ann