From:
Pam Sessoms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 23:42:54 -0400
As a few of you may know, I'm currently the treasurer for the Triangle
Ferret Lovers (TriFL) club in North Carolina; you may also know that TriFL
financially assists Diane Campbell's shelter, Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven
(http://www.ferretguardian.org/), with medical expenses.  I have received a
heads-up from the shelter about upcoming costs that are anticipated to be
much, much larger than in the past.  TriFL volunteers have done great work
with a couple of recent fundraisers, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when
I heartily thank them for their efforts!  Applause!  Y'all are the best!

However, TriFL's bank balance will not come close to completely covering
the anticipated upcoming medical costs for these rescued ferrets.  Of
course, we also need to maintain a minimal balance to cover the costs of
our meeting space, newsletter production, and event registration fees...

The following is a list of Diane Campbell's shelter ferrets that are going
to be examined/treated next Wednesday, June 2nd.

1) Houdini - Blood glucose test; potentially insulinoma.
2) Tikki - Blood panel; swollen vulva, hairloss on back and neck.
3) Pugsley - Blood panel; lympho, potentially insulinoma.
4) Fruity - Previously debulked, showing no signs of recovery.
5) Freddie - Blood glucose.
6) Belle - Blood panel; hairloss, aggressive, swollen vulva.

Houdini, Fruity, and a third ferret are scheduled for surgery next
Thursday, June 3rd.

Other shelter ferrets needing medical care:

7) Mickey - Vaccinations; potential respiratory problem and spinal injury.
8) No-name #1 - Vaccinations, fleas, mites, hairloss, stray with 1/2 a tail.
9) Meeko - Potential bi-lateral.
10) Two from Charlotte on Sat. May 29th coming in - Vaccinations.
11) Two from Raleigh being fostered - Vaccinations; one with swollen vulva.

Many of these ferrets have come from local animal control offices, where
they were either surrendered by owners or found as strays and not claimed
or adopted in the allotted time.  Without Diane's shelter, they would have
been euthanized.

If you are able, the shelter could really use a financial donation at this
time.  You can give money directly to the shelter's account at the vet by
making checks payable to:

Northwoods Animal Hospital
Memo Acct #  9538 (be *sure* to write this on your check)
c/o S. Gunter  (Shari is the shelter's treasurer)
5619 Bringle Court
Raleigh, NC 27610

Alternatively, you can make a tax-deductable donation to TriFL (we will be
contributing what we can for the upcoming expenses).  If you do intend to
claim the tax deduction, be absolutely sure to include a note so that I can
send you a receipt!

Make checks out to Triangle Ferret Lovers and send 'em to:
PO Drawer 249
Efland, NC  27243
(If you really do not like sending checks to PO boxes, e-mail me privately
and I will find another way to accept your donation.)

Thank you so much for any help!

-Pam Sessoms, TriFL Treasurer.
http://www.trifl.org/