From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shetler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 13:21:29 -0400
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to remind you of the Open House June 9th from 11 AM to 6 PM.

Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
4116 Bucyrus Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio   44109
26/749-3885

Please forward this info on the Open House to anyone and everyone you
may think be interested.  And please post it anywhere and everywhere.

We are working on neat adoption packets for the kids that get adopted.

Come meet the kids, and other ferret folk, and have some snacks.  And
maybe adopt.  We have some kids that have spent too long in the shelter
system.  They need homes.

Unfortunately, yes I have to charge the adoption fees this time.  I got
laid off end of March and things are tight.  The adoption fees will
keep the kids in what they need.  The unemployment check has to pay the
mortgage to keep the roof over their little heads.  And hubby's shop
closed.  (Hey, it is just another one of those little challenges that
life sends you.)

I'd like to thank Kat, for her wonderful idea of the afghans for the kids
adopted, and Lana and Jeff from Northern Ohio Ferret Association, they are
great.  And there is Bev, who is always willing to listen to me b****, and
Jane, who is every ready to be here on Mondays to help with the boxes, and
the folks who loaned me cages for the 17 that came in.  And Millie, who is
willing to listen and jump to the rescue all the way from Texas, and Ron
(Fuzzy Dad), and Missy and Jamie.  (They are all life savers)

I am a very disorganized person.  I really am.  If I have forgotten to send
a thank you note, or publicly thank you for something donated or sent to
the kids, I am truly sorry.  I can't seem to keep one thought going without
another coming in and saying, hey you have to do this or that, or I just
lose track of time playing with the kids.

I feel sorry for the people who have to deal with me.  I make lists, but
I forget where I put them, or just look past them.  Someone threatened to
give me either a Palm thingy, or a micro recorder I can carry around on a
chain, and just take notes, or talk.  When I clean the ferret rooms, I talk
to the kids and my self, I come up with things that should be done (like
thank yous and such) and letters that need to be written and then I forget.
Maybe I should get a micro recorder.

Any way I am very sorry for being so air headed.  (It has been this way
for a while huh?)

If you have ever sent anything to the shelter, please send me your snail
mail.  I would like to send each of you a note, and a picture of the kids
you helped.  I will do this, I already have lots of envelopes next to the
computer with stamps on them.  And I am going to print up the kids pictures
later.  So I can do this.

Megan, I haven't forgotten.  I still have to get to the post office.

Again, I apologize.  Please forgive my thoughtlessness.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Cleveland, Ohio

[P.S.  It's FRIDAY!!!]
Oh, I forgot, see what I mean?

If you have Friday free, help would be appreciated.  You know the routine,
strip the cages, new blankies, boxes.

Put together the adoption packets.  Bind the information packets.

I'll even buy pizza for dinner, or lunch or whatever.

Thanks!

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
216/749-3885