From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:17:29 -0500
Lisette,

In my personal opinion on this topic you raised I take issue!!  You are way
OFF BASE here from my experiences over many years of working closely with
NUMBERS OF VETERINARIANS!  I have worked with many, many, many vets in
three states running this shelter- and prior to that with my personal
pets.  - NEVER has there been any lack of sanitation.  Even when an
emergency admit comes to the office(s) they quickly take disinfectant's
in and thoroughly go over the exam area.  I don't know what prompted this
overdone scare session, but you are doing a great disservice to the
ferrets.  Many vet offices have help which in between [patients go over
the room thoroughly BEFORE the next patient is allowed in.  We had a vet
office call & reschedule a ferrets surgery for several days due to the
fact a puppy with distemper had been in --!!!

IF there has been an actual instance of negligent practice due to
unsanitary conditions or intentional exposure in a vet practice then the
method of recourse is to post a written letter of complaint to the director
of agriculture- on state board of veterinarians.  Your off based yellow
journalism is destructive -- "IN MY OPINION " and well may keep ill ferrets
away from the source they need to get better.

Please think your posts and concerns through 3, maybe 4 times before
stirring up a cauldron of scare tactic, you could have posted this in a
more reasonable and rational manner.  Address your concerns to the agencies
that can clean up the problem!!!!

Alicia