From:
Laurel Dittman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 2009 07:47:54 -0500
I have to agree with Tara. I didn't even know they used the heart stick
anymore but I was with my aunt when she took her cat in to have it
done. I won't go into details but my aunt was a stong woman and yet she
had to be led out of the room as she almost passed out watching the
result. My vet sedates my furbaby and leaves me with him/her until the
sedation has taken effect giving me time to hold and cuddle one last
time, he then gives the final shot when the ferret is deeply asleep and
leaves the room again while I continue to hold my baby. He comes back
in, checks to make sure it's over and I wrap the ferret up and take
him/her home. Never easy but certainly gentle.

Laurel