From:
Deanna Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:56:38 -0400
This happened to me and my family a few days ago.  I thought you may
enjoy the story.  No animals were injured, well maybe the dog's pride.
He still won't come into the ferret room to play with the fuzzies.

Deanna Hoffman
HOFA Rescue/Shelter Chairman

    ----

Hello All,

This story begins like any other day for me.  Since I work late afternoon
to evening, I'm privileged,to get to sleep in late and lounge around
until something is desperately needed.

Well, I was enjoying the peace and quiet of the day until a piercing
waling and a shrieking whine broke the silence.  My dog! (the one my
10lb cat attacked)  Damn that cat, why doesn't he leave the dog alone.
Hold on?  Why is he still shrieking?  Normally the cat does a sneak
attack and then backs off.

I bust my butt trying to find the dog.

I go into the ferret room.  I find him next to Dreama and Georgio's cage.
Wait a minute!  Dreama has latched a hold of the dogs tongue above the
food bowl.  I open the cage and scruff Dreama to let go.  The dog flees
around the corner whimpering.  I close the cage and call the dog to me.
The dog refuses to come to me while I was at the cage.  I grab the dog to
look at his tongue, to see if it was bleeding.  He whines while I open
his mouth.  There is no blood and no holes in his tongue.  Dreama just
wanted to let him know that there is no pilfering the food bowl in her
cage.

That will probably be the last time he'll try to steal food from their
cage I bet.  Hopefully he'll just stay with cleaning it up off the floor.
Thought you might get a chuckle out of this one.

Deanna