From:
Trish Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:03:48 -0800
Hello. My name is Trish and I have four ferrets: Bowser, Zira, Hannah &
Indica. I'm a long time subscriber but haven't posted in quite some
time. Ever since I lost my first ferret Pippin in 2005, I just went
into a funk and couldn't enjoy reading all the ferret stories as much.
I've just got back in the swing of things, reading the FML when I have
a chance. I missed it!!!

I am almost 6 months pregnant and we're expecting our baby boy in May.
This is my first child and we're very excited. If I have to hear from
in-laws "What are you going to do with your animals?" one more time I'm
going to scream. I've taken to retorting, "You mean I'm not supposed to
lay my newborn infant on the floor and let the weasels war dance around
him?". The comments are less now.

So I'm writing for advice from you seasoned moms. Any tips for baby
proofing a ferret proofed house? We have a very small place right now -
2 small bedrooms, living area & kitchen. Currently the ferrets have
their own room which is with the office stuff & library. Soon I'll have
to add baby furniture so the ferrets may be moved to the living room.
We plan to move to a bigger place but that won't happen for at least a
year from now. I'm confident that there won't be any major differences
but I want my ferrets to be as comfortable as they've always been.

Thanks for listening!
~Trish