From:
[log in to unmask] (George Gebara)
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 1994 20:11:17 -0500
A friend posted a message for me recently concerning litter made of
pine-shavings. As there has been no input from the list, I'll pose the
question again.

I recently began using a litter made of compressed pine shavings and
grits. The litter is in pellet form, and disintegrates when exposed to
liquids. It does not seem to contain any great amount of dust. It is by
far the most effective ferret-litter I have used (clay, clumping clay,
newspaper-pellets, alfalfa-pellets ). It doesn't track, doesn't
grow molds, completely contains the ammonia and urine smell, and absorbs
four times its weight in liquids. When the solid waste is removed daily,
the litter can be used until all the pellets have disintegrated _and_ the
meal clumps.

So what's the problem? The issue of wood-dust and respiratory problems has
me concerned. Does anyone have any input?

Thanks.

George Gebara