From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 19:31:22 EDT
Dear Fmlers

I am sadden by the news of Eric Shefferman having to go into the hospital.
I AM A Modern Ferret subscriber and I am very willing to wait for the next
issue.  I have been a subscriber for about 2 years now and will continue to
be one.  Mary and Eric ARE MODERN FERRET!!!!.  I do not have the pleasure
of meeting these two ferret minded people, but I do know their work!!!  I
have found article upon article of hints, articles on ferret care, ferret
first aid, ferret feeding tips, what to look out for, how to play with and
in short How To Live With Your FERRET(S).!!!

I am also very saddened by some of the posts I have read in the last three
days.  Saddened by the loss of ferrets, and saddened by some of the posts
written by what I think are ferret-minded people but not with alot of
compassion.  Dee, I can understand your wanting to recieve something you
have ordered BUT, at the same time all of the Modern Ferret subscribers
are also waiting.  Most of us are willing to wait for what we know will be
forth coming and yes GOOD things are worth waiting for.  I ask that all of
you out there that believe in the power of prayer, pray for Eric's recovery
and pray for strength for both Eric and Mary, I have prayed and will
continue to pray for them both.  We need Modern Ferret to survive as a much
needed voice in our ferret community, To Understand Ferrets You have To Own
(or be owned by) Ferrets.

I know that there are other ferret magazines out there but for the most
part they come out of California and some of the writters have even
acknowledged in their articles that they themselves do not have first hand
experience with the animals they are writting about!!!!  Eric and Mary are
"OWNED" by the Modern Ferret gang!!!!  The last cover of the last issue I
got (issue # 26 with Nikki Fritz on the cover) says "Ferret Care From
Fellow Ferret Folks".  I guess that says it best!!!!

Thanks for listening to my humble Opinion!!!!
Fred A. Hurd
Reno, Nevada